Hi everyone, and welcome to Blogmas Day Three.
Today I thought I’d get a bit festive and share my absolute all time favourite festive films with you all, to give you some movie inspo for the bitter cold and pitch black nights!
1) The Holiday – Cameron Diaz, Jude Law, Jack Black, Kate Winslet – what more could you want? The ultimate Christmas rom com, set in LA and Surrey, is about 2 women going through equally shit times with the men in their lives, and swapping houses (in different countries) for Christmas. It documents what happens to them during their house swap, and what happens to their love lives. It’s a bloody brilliant film and everyone needs to see it.
2) Love Actually – Who hasn’t seen this, let’s be honest here – but it’s one of those films that you can watch a million times over and it never gets old. It follows the lives of multiple different people in the run up to Christmas, and it makes you cry, laugh and everything inbetween. One of my favourite ever films.
3) Home Alone – An absolute classic, it’s pretty much the law to watch this over the Christmas period. For those who have been living under a rock, it’s about a little boy Kevin who’s massive family accidentally leave him whilst they jet off for the festive period, leaving him home alone defending his house as 2 burglars try and rob him. Hilarious, and a must see.
4) Elf – Maybe my favourite Christmas movie of all time. Buddy the Elf moves to New York to find his long lost father, but is completely set in his ways from his life back at Santa’s Grotto.
5) National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation – An oldie but a goodie from 1989. The third film in the series about a crazy family, this time the rest of their relatives come to stay with them for Christmas. This is an upbeat, funny, family film that everyone will enjoy.
All my love BGP xx